NEW Student Applicants needing financial assistance can apply for a $20,000.00 interest-free LOAN TO HELP PAY for COLLEGE TUITION, on campus ROOM, on campus BOARD, and on campus FEES ($2,500/semester x 8 semesters = $20,000). Students may also apply for an interest free LOAN for similar expenses incurred in other post-high school professional education. The George W. Wright Students Aid Fund awards student loans on an interest free basis to deserving students.
Please note: Loans are not available for post undergraduate education. (No loans for Masters, PhD, law, or medical school).
High School Applicants must:
- rank in the upper half of their graduating class from the following PA high schools:
- Commodore Perry
- Grove City
- Kennedy Catholic
- Slippery Rock
- West Middlesex
- be accepted for enrollment at a post-high school institution of higher learning
- Please note: Students not ranked in the upper half of their class may apply after two semesters of maintaining a 2.5 cumulative GPA or better in a post high school institution of higher learning.
Current College Student Applicants (who are not already approved for a George Wright loan) must:
- be a graduate of a high school above OR attending Grove City College, Penn State University – Shenango Campus, or Thiel College
- demonstrate ability to succeed academically by maintaining a 2.5 cumulative GPA or better on their official post-high school institution transcript
- plan to continue current enrollment at a post-high school institution of higher learning