|THE GEORGE W. WRIGHT
STUDENTS AID FUND
P.O. Box 187
Mercer, PA 16137
ATTENTION: COLLEGE BOUND STUDENTS
Students needing financial assistance can apply for a $16,000.00, interest-free LOAN TO HELP PAY FOR COLLEGE TUITION ROOM AND BOARD ($2,000/semester x 8 semesters = $16,000). Students may also apply for an interest free LOAN for similar expenses incurred in other post-high school professional education. The George W. Wright Students Aid Fund awards student loans on an interest free basis to deserving students.
Please note: Loans are not available for post undergraduate education. (No loans for Masters, PhD, law, or medical school).
High School Applicants must:
- rank in the upper half of their graduating class from a Mercer County, PA high school
- be accepted for enrollment at a post-high school institution of higher learning
- Please note: Students not ranked in the upper half of their class may apply after two semesters of maintaining a 3.0 cumulative GPA or better in a post high school institution of higher learning.
Current College Student Applicants (who are not already approved for a George Wright loan) must:
- be a graduate of a Mercer County high school
- demonstrate ability to succeed academically by maintaining a 3.0 cumulative GPA or better on their official post-high school institution transcript
- plan to continue current enrollment at a post-high school institution of higher learning