|THE GEORGE W. WRIGHT
STUDENTS AID FUND
P.O. Box 187
Mercer, PA 16137
ATTENTION: COLLEGE BOUND STUDENTS
Students needing financial assistance can apply for a $16,000.00, interest-free LOAN TO HELP PAY FOR COLLEGE TUITION ROOM AND BOARD ($2,000/semester x 8 semesters = $16,000). Students may also apply for an interest free LOAN for similar expenses incurred in other post-high school professional education. The George W. Wright Students Aid Fund awards student loans on an interest free basis to deserving students.
Please note: Loans are not available for post undergraduate education. (No loans for Masters, PhD, law, or medical school).
High School Applicants must be:
- Residents of Mercer County, Pennsylvania or attend high schools in Mercer County.
- Scholastically capable with demonstrated ability to succeed academically. High school applicants must be ranked in the upper half of their graduating class. (Please note: Students not ranked in the upper half of their class may apply after two semesters of attaining a "C" average or better in a post high school institution of higher learning.)
- Accepted for enrollment at a post-high school institution of higher learning.
Currently enrolled college students must be:
- Planning to continue their current enrollment in higher education.
- Residents of Mercer County, Pennsylvania.
- Scholastically capable with demonstrated ability to succeed academically by maintaining a "C" or better average in their college work.